Friday 12 October 2012

Playing with Sizzix at Scraptastic in Belgium!



Last weekend I had a honor of teaching 3 classes during big scrapbooking event in Belgium -
Scraptastic 2012. This event is very popular among students from all over Europe (and not only!). During my classes I met sweet, talented ladies from many countries - they all came to Belgium to find inspiration and good creative time.
One of the classes I was teaching was "Splash" - based on masking and layering techniques inclufing Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Dies cut - outs. During the class I shared my experience and encouraged students to use the cut-outs ina new, creative way to build up texture and color on their scrapbooking pages.




All of them did really wonderful job - every single project was different, creative, reflecting the personality of the author. I could clearly see that playing with cut-outs is one of the techniques they loved! Here are my students projects - still in progress!




And here is the project i finished during the class - you can see how the Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip - Harlequin Border Die (657825) by Tim Holtz was used for both masking and layering - I love the effect of repetitive pattern on my layout - it creates a rhythm and balance among all these splashes, stains and colors.



Supplies: Paper - 7 Dots studio - "Domestic Goddess" collection, embellishments and stamps - Prima Marketing, Scrap Matrix, Color, embossing: Ranger Distress Stain, Ranger Distress Inks, UTEE.




I really enjoyed every minute of the class - and I was happy to promote great Sizzix products during this event :) Teaching with Sizzix is fun and easy - just exactly the same as using it at home!
See you soon!
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment